God’s word is still the only truth that can save. God’s word gives us a plan. His word gives us insight. His word gives us power. His word gives us direction. His word gives life.
The church (The Body of Christ which is the blood bought, spirit filled believer) has been given power. The church has a purpose. God has given every provision for the vision.
- Build one another up in the most holy faith. Build, encourage, exhort and lift one another up.
- Pray in the Holy Spirit. Praying the Spirit empowers us to stand where others will fall.
- Look to Jesus in all circumstances. Wait on the Lord. He is merciful. He is gracious. He is in control even when things seem out of control. Stay focused on the One who knows the beginning, the end, and everything in between.
- Keep yourselves in the love of God. Guard your heart from evil, from lusts, and the perverse things of the world.
- Don’t lose hope for the lost of this world. Show them mercy. Have compassion. Don’t grow judgemental and critical. Grow in love. Grow compassion. Be moved by compassion rather than staying in complacency.
- Rescue others by snatching them out of the fires of hell. Stay on Mission. Be mission minded. Heaven and hell is real. Life is short. Eternity is forever. We have a message that rescues and gives life to the dead.
- Hate sin. Hate evil. Hate what God hates. Think about sin the way God thinks about sin. Sin is evil. Sin is gross. But we have a Savior who gave His life to save those who are in sin. He loved us and at the same time hated sin so much He sacrificed His own life. So others could be free from sin, death, hell and the grave.