“Five Benefits of Real Christian Fellowship/Community”
1. Steadfast fellowship brings a reverence for God and empowers the church for the supernatural. (See Acts 2:43)
Acts 2:42-43 NKJVAnd they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.
2. God’s faithfulness is revealed when we except the call to fellowship with the body of Christ.
I Corinthians 1:9-10 NKJV God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
3. Godly fellowship brings encouragement and provokes us to love more and to serve more. Godly fellowship should drive us away from selfish desires towards Jesus and His Kingdom.
Hebrews 10:24-25 NKJV And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
4. Fellowship keeps us walking in the light. Fellowship should bring an awareness in our life of our need to live a lifestyle of repentance and humility before God.
I John 1:7-8 NKJV But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
5. There is power and strength to overcome when we gather in fellowship.
Deuteronomy 32:29-30 NKJV Oh, that they were wise, that they understood this, That they would consider their latter end! How could one chase a thousand, And two put ten thousand to flight, Unless their Rock had sold them, And the Lord had surrendered them?
Matthew 18:20 NKJV For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”